Official Rules for 2013 Partners in Preservation Giveaway
No Purchase Necessary to enter or win. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Partners in Preservation Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions) and who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. An eligible minor should have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to participate. Employees of American Express Company, National Trust for Historic Preservation (“Sponsor”), Marriott International or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void in New York, Florida, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited.
- Sponsor: National Trust for Historic Preservation, 1785 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20036.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) indicates his/her full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will take place beginning 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 24, 2013 and ending 11:59 p.m. ET on May 10, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, to enter, visit www.partnersinpreservation.com (“Website”) and follow the directions provided to establish a user account and cast your vote for one of the designated historical places that you’d like to see restored in the Washington DC metro area. After you have placed your vote, if you opt-in to the Sweepstakes by checking the applicable box, you will receive one (1) entry into the drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person/user account per day. Which historical place you select will have no impact on your chances of winning. Entries in excess of the stated limitation will be void. The use of any automated system to enter or subvert the entry process the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- Winner Selection: Ten (10) potential winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: An individual is not deemed a winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules. Potential winners will be notified by telephone, email and/or mail. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the notification within five (5) days after Sponsor sent the notification or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. Except where prohibited, a potential winner (or, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (“Affidavit/Release”). If the potential winner (or, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries received, if time permits. If any potential winner is an eligible minor, prize will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. By participating, each winner (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian), except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to announce his/her name on the Website as a winner and to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”) (10): Each winner will receive an award certificate for a 3 Night Worldwide Elite Stay, which has an estimated approximate value of $2000. Total ARV of all prizes: $20,000. Each Worldwide Award (Award) includes accommodations, applicable room taxes & breakfast for two each morning. Travel is not included as part of the prize. (Villa Awards do not include breakfast.) Valid for 15 months at participating JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance®, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, SpringHill Suites®, Residence Inn®, TownePlace Suites®, and Marriott Vacation Club® properties. Seasonal restrictions may apply. Recipient must provide Award Number when booking reservation. Award Number on reservation must match Award Number presented at check-in. Participating properties are subject to change without notice. This Award may be used to pay for the expense of one (1) guest room, for the number of nights as shown on the front of this Award. All food, beverage, parking, non-room related service charges, resort fees, gratuities, other taxes or other incidental expenses of any kind associated with acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being provided are not included and are winner’s responsibility. Breakfast is not included at Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort. This Award is valid for a studio or one (1) bedroom room at Residence Inn hotels only. This Award is not valid on Concierge, Club Level or Suite rooms. This Award cannot be used during hotel special events. This Award may not be applied toward convention, catering, group and/or tour programs and cannot be used in conjunction with any other certificate. This Award is redeemable based on general sales availability. Length of stay restrictions may apply. NO CHANGE OR CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN on any unused portion of this Award. Marriott Reward points cannot be earned with the use of this Award; however points can be earned when incidentals are billed to guest room folio. Additional Award certificate terms and conditions may apply. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs or expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specified herein as being provided. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or other substitution; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/user account for the entire Sweepstakes. For full terms and conditions governing the Worldwide Award, see http://www.marriott.com/incentives/stay-awards.mi.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to by fraud, virus, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prizes at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, National Trust for Historic Preservation, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries, registration, votes or messages; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or registrations or votes, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees or other legal costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after June 1, 2013), send an email to: email@example.com, for receipt no later than December 31, 2013.